EuCIA is participating in the blue innovation dock programme at boot Düsseldorf.
boot Düsseldorf, the largest yacht and water sports show in the world, takes place on 20-28 January 2024. The blue innovation dock, boot Düsseldorf’s sustainability forum, is an international networking platform bringing together policymakers and industry. Every day of the trade fair there will be presentations on the blue innovation dock stage. Topics include: Sustainable innovation; Sustainable nautical tourism & water sports; Financing sustainability & innovative start-ups; Sustainable supply chain & materials; Digital future of boating; and Adapting to climate change reality & new consumers.
Towards a circular boating industry
EuCIA has been invited to take part in the Sustainable supply chain & materials session on 24th January, in a panel discussion on the topic: Towards a circular boating industry – what are the latest innovations?
This session aims to discover the innovation driving a circular approach in the boating industry with representatives of the industry and policymakers.
On the panel, EuCIA’s Managing Director, Raphaël Pleynet, will join the following speakers:
- Marieke De Beur, Founder, Impacd boats;
- Cassandra Vanbossche, Policy Advisor, Belgian FPS Mobility and Transport – DG Shipping;
- Alena Petrikovicova-De Chevilly, Policy Officer, European Commission DG Maritime Affairs ;
- Guillaume Perben, CEO, Composite Recycling.
The moderator is Marcus Krall of Krall Media.
It is estimated that there are around 6.5 million recreational boats in the EU, most of them made of glass fibre reinforced composite materials. Every year, 1-2% of them reach the end of their use. The speakers will delve into the latest advancements in sustainable recycling practices for composite materials, exploring circular economy models, and policy perspectives. They will address questions such as:
- Where can end-of-life boats be disposed of?
- How can recycled materials be used in boats?
- How could the recycling chain be set up, and financed?
- What is the current situation in individual countries?
- What is the European Commission’s view on end-of-life boats and the industry?
Further information on the blue innovation dock programme is available on the boot website.